Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentine's Day @ the Holder's

Josh and I had a wonderful and relaxing Valentine's Day this year. We actually kind of celebrated it twice. This past Saturday I woke up early and began my pursuit of finding the 'perfect' Valentine's Day breakfast for us to share. I have this idea that I want to find a breakfast dish, different from any others that I make, and cook it every Valentine's Day for Josh and the kids. This is what I came up with this year. I don't think it's a keeper - but I've been brainstorming and I think I've got it!
Crepes with some sort of whipped filling with fruit. I'll keep you posted ;)
Josh and I decided to spend our day at Barnes & Noble. It was wonderful. All we did was grab some Starbucks, browse for books, and enjoy conversation for the afternoon. It was a nice time together. Then, later that evening, we made our own pasta dish and enjoyed some of the new wine that we bought at McPherson Winery on our anniversary.

Today was wonderful as well. I stopped by the house for a split second and to my surprise Josh had waiting for me a beautiful arrangement of flowers, dove chocolate (again), and a very sweet card. It made my day! :)
We also decided that we would write in our anniversary journal the Valentine's Day after each anniversary. So tonight we sat down and began documenting the first of many anniversaries for our kids to read about.
-A

No comments:

Post a Comment