Thursday, February 3, 2011

Broadening my shopping Horizons

Well today was a new experience for me as I tried shopping at Walgreens for my weekly deals. I'll tell you, I had a successful day!! The planning and preparation was well worth it this week. I decided to stop blogging on my weekly purchases as a whole and to start blogging about the best deals out of what I purchased.

This week Walgreens has some spectaular deals, some that are even stockpile worthy. This means you should get a lot of them (or stock up) because you will rarely see these products at this price.

I dedicated this week to my husband because just about all men's products were on sale! This allowed me to stock up on items for him. Not only did he get things he needed but they are good brands, one's he might not normally get because they are too expensive. The Gillette Fusion Proglide razors at Walgreen's are $1.99 a piece this week. Let me explain:
Original price: $12.99
Sale price: $9.99
When you buy, you receive: $4 in register rewards (which is free money that is printed after your purchase is complete and you can put towards another purchase)
Final price: $5.99
BUT then you
Use the weekly coupon: $4 off
Total: $1.99

$1.99 for these is a steal. STOCK UP! They will go fast so hurry.
I'm not one to want to pay for the expensive battery powered toothbrushes but I simply couldn't pass this deal up either. I wouldn't say this is a stock up item but definitely worth checking out.
These were:
Regular price: $7.99 each
On sale: $5.99 each
Weekly coupon: Buy One, Get One FREE
Total: $5.99 for 2


I normally do not buy frozen pizzas because 1.) They aren't really as good as they look and 2.) They are very expensive and we can make our own for less. BUT this week they had Digiorno Pizzas on sale and this brand is actually a pretty tasty.

Regular price: $6.99 each
Sale price: 2/$10 (making them $5 a piece)
Register Reward: $1 (making them 2/$9)
Then there is a coupon on the refrigerator door where the pizzas are for $3 more dollars off
Total: 2/$6

Now this is a really good deal on these pizzas!

If you aren't picky about your cleaning products this week is a good week to stock up on AJAX bleach. In the Walgreens ad from this week there is a coupon for 3/$1. If you don't get the paper - No worries because all you have to do is ask for the Walgreens ad when you go into the store and it will be in there. My favorite purchase this week without any hesitation is the .09 cents Herbal Essences Shampoo and Conditioner. That's right .09 cents!! This week Herbal Essences Hello Hydration and Body Envy are on sale and you're gonna wanna STOCK UP. Here's how it works:
Sale price: $1.09
Register Reward: $1.00
Total: $ .09

Now depending on your location it will vary. The Walgreen's I visited only had the Herbal Essences Body Envy conditioner on sale because the shampoo was sold out already. Some Walgreen's won't have this sale at all. Try to look for this when you go:

P.S. If you are in Lubbock don't go to the Walgreen's on 98th and Slide because they are now sold out of the Body Envy Conditioner - Thanks to me!! :)

Hope this helps you save money this week! I most certainly did!!


-A

No comments:

Post a Comment