Monday, May 19, 2014

Learning to sew

Yes, I'm learning to sew. Pretty neat, huh? Probably not to most of you but I've been wanting to learn for about 4 years now. It's a lost art and such a useful skill to have! Especially, if you like to save $ like me :) 
So, I thought I had put this off long enough and decided I was going to really put time and energy into learning how to sew. Plus, I've gotten to spend quality time with my good sister, Cara, who has willing offered to teach me. Every Thursday morning we get the kids together and she teaches me a new sewing project! Brilliant, right! 

These are just a few projects that I have learned and have actually given as gifts. Another reason I wanted to learn to sew- what says you care about a person more than making them a genuine handmade gift (when it's appropriate, of course)?! 

Here it is packaged as a gift set (2 burp clothes, 1 bib) - for our friends Jeff and Meredith.

This one is for my friend Kacee- she is having her first baby (a set of 3 burp cloths) 


And my attempt at a Taggie sensory blanket


No comments:

Post a Comment