Monday, January 30, 2012

They paid me....

I must warn you that it doesn't happen this perfect every time. After some consideration and a lot

of waiting they actually paid me to take the products out of the store!

As you probably know every Sunday all the store ads change. I normally do my couponing on Sundays because otherwise every thing is already taken, but I remembered one of the cashiers at Walgreens told me that you could come in on Saturday evening when they were posting ads and stickers for the next weeks sale and you could go ahead and get the sale ahead of time. So I tried it...And it worked! The only problem was the sale prices for the next week weren't in the computer systems yet so the cashier had to manually enter them. That's what I meant when I said "after a lot of waiting." One top of that - because the sale prices weren't in the computers and they had to be manually entered that mean't any deals with Register Rewards wouldn't print. So what they did for me was either subtract the Register Rewards that I would have gotten from my total or if it was a perfect match up like (i.e. pay $2.00 and receive $2.00) they would just pay me cash! So here's how it worked:



Walgreens:


Transaction #1-

Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover, 32oz (On sale from the previous week)

Buy 2, Receive $2.00 RR

Original Price: $5.99 ea

Sale Price: $3.00

Coupons: use 2 $2.00/1 - Tilex Mold & Mildew Remover

Pay: $2.00, Receive: $2.00 RR

Final Price: FREE -Even exchange because of the computer system



Transaction #2 -

M&M's 9.9 to 14oz bags

Buy 2

Original Price: $3.79 ea

Sale Price: 2/ $5.00 ($2.50 ea)

Coupons: use 2 $1.00/1 M&M's brand chocolate candies, 9.9oz or larger

And use $1.00/ 2 M&M's chocolate candies - Walgreens coupon

Final Price: $1.00 each (now that I think about it I only ended up paying $1.07 for both - don't know how)


Transaction #3 -

St. Joesph Enteric Aspirin, 36 ct (bought 2 )

Buy 1, Receive $2.00 RR

Original Price: 2.49 ea

Sale Price: $2.00 with $2.00 RR

Final Price: FREE! They paid me $4.00 because of the computer system



Over all - I came out of the store with $3.00 more dollars than I had before I went in! :)



CVS:


Transaction #1-

Tom's of Maine Deodorant, 2.25oz

Buy 1, Receive $3.00 Extra Bucks

Original Price: $4.99

Sale: $3.99 with $3.00 EB

Final Price: FREE, plus I made $3.00 on this purchase. Here's why!

I used $4.00 extra bucks from last week to pay the $3.99 that I owed on the deodorant, plus I received $3.00 EB for the purchase.



Transaction #2 -

Tom's of Maine Deodorant, 2.25oz
Buy 1, Receive $3.00 Extra Bucks
Original Price: $4.99
Sale: $3.99 with $3.00 EB

Final Price: $1.07 - I used my $3.00 EB from transaction #1, and I still got $3.00 EB back again



Transaction #3 -

American Greeting Cards

Buy 3, Receive $3.00 Extra Bucks

Original Price: $0.99

Pay: 2.97, Receive $3.00

Final Price: FREE - I used my $3.00 EB from transaction #2, and I still got $3.00 EB back on this purchase as well



Target:


DVD Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Original Price: $9.00

Sale Price: $7.00

Coupon: $3.00 off 1 DVD Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs or Planet 51

Final Price: $4.00



This was a great coupon week for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment