Sunday, January 9, 2011

Check It Out!

Yesterday was my first CVS shopping trip of 2011. I know in my last post I said this year my goal was to only buy things that were on sale and that I had a coupon for. Well after thinking about it I can't fully stick to that commitment because a lot of times they have really good sales on Coke products and Coke hardly ever has coupons. Plus my husband drinks far too many cokes not to get them on sale. Other than that, I think I can manage to stick my guns this year.
Yesterday I had a pretty good trip - here are my purchases:

Purchase #1
Retail value of products: $31.03
Total out of pocket: $24.16
Amount saved: $6.87
Extra bucks received: $10.00 (free money)
Purchase #2
Retail value of products: $23.82
Total out of pocket: $-0-
Amount saved: $23.82 (%100)
Because of coupons the total actually came to $14.50 but because of all the extra bucks I received from purchase #1 and the extra bucks I had been saving I got it all for FREE!
This week CVS is having pretty great deals. You should check them out! :)

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment